Cody Kitaura, multimedia journalist. Download PDF resume
- Adaptable journalist equally comfortable telling a story through a narrative, a video or an interactive map.
- Public Information Officer. California State Board of Equalization. 2014 – present.
- Local editor. Patch. September 2010 – 2014. Launched a hyperlocal news site and grew its monthly traffic to half of the town’s population; led regional data-driven reporting projects and video-production trainings for all northern California editors; had stories picked up by AOL and The Huffington Post for national distribution; promoted the site at marketing events.
- Staff writer. Elk Grove Citizen. July 2009 – September 2010. Closely covered city government activities, community events and breaking news, utilizing multimedia.
- Freelance writer. Lincoln News Messenger. January 2009 – July 2009. Wrote stories on short notice dealing with complex local government issues, environmental disputes and local business.
- Online managing editor. The State Hornet, California State University, Sacramento. June 2007 – May 2008. Led redesign of website. Produced and edited video, podcasts and audio slideshows. Guided and evaluated section editors.
- California State University, Sacramento – bachelor's degree in journalism, Magna Cum Laude.
- Asian American Journalists Association – member, June 2008 – present; Sacramento chapter secretary, 2011; Sacramento Chapter vice president, 2012 - present.
- Asian American Journalists Association Executive Leadership Program graduate, 2013
- Online News Association – member, 2011 – present.
- Society of Professional Journalists – Reporters Institute graduate, 2011